Chancellor's Faculty and Staff Fall Welcome
Welcome to the 2020 Chancellor's Faculty and Staff Fall Welcome Virtual Event!
All UCR faculty, staff and academic employees are cordially invited to join Chancellor Kim A. Wilcox for a virtual event to kick-off the new academic year. The virtual event will be hosted here and will take place on Tuesday September 22nd, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This event will include a video welcome message from Chancellor Wilcox, live online activities and links to a variety of campus resources!
Upcoming Live Activities
UCR Trivia hosted by KUCR - Tuesday, September 22 at 11:30 a.m.
Pictionary hosted by Staff Assembly - Tuesday, September 22 at 11:55 a.m.
"Stretch & Move" hosted by the Wellness Program - Tuesday, September 22 at 12:20 p.m.
Please RSVP for the upcoming activities through the online registration form to receive the Zoom link required for participation. The Zoom links will be e-mailed to you directly on Monday, September 21. If you have not registered but would like to join an activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
UCR Chef Lanette’s Lunch Recipes
If you would like to enjoy a delicious meal during your lunch hour, Chef Lanette from UCR Dining Services has provided two easy recipes that you can make at home. Please click on the recipes for the Grown Up PB&J and Crunchy Chicken Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette below if you'd like to try them out!
Recipe ingredients that are part of the UCR Citrus Gift product line may be purchased at the Barn or online at
Grown Up PB&J
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- 2 tablespoons of UCR Marmalade (we recommend the UCR Tango Marmalade!)
- 1/2 banana, sliced (optional)
- Spread softened butter on one side of both slices of bread.
- On the other side of the bread slices, spread nut butter on one slice and marmalade on the other slice.
- If using bananas, lay slices on top of the nut butter.
- Carefully put the slices of bread together to close the sandwich .
- Heat a skillet over low/medium heat on the stove. Once hot, place the sandwich in the pan (buttered side down), and grill for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Crunchy Chicken Salad with UCR Blood Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons of UCR Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of UCR Citrus Blend Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of UCR Blood Orange Marmalade
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate. Whisk again before dressing your salad.
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced (optional)
- 2 cups of coleslaw cabbage mix
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of toasted cashews, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- UCR Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Chicken Salad Directions:
- Combine chicken, coleslaw mix, celery, dried cranberries and toasted cashews in a bowl and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate until you're ready to eat.
- Once ready to eat, pour the vinaigrette over the chicken salad and mix well.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich, with crackers for scooping or atop a bed of salad greens .